Mobile Bay Sailing School is looking for a Head Instructor for our summer program. Minimum requirement is level 1 small boat instructor certification through US Sailing. Our program runs from the first week in June through the last week in July with the week of July fourth off.
Please contact Josh Deupree at email@example.com
Rick Spaulding at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Harry Thames at email@example.com
For further information if interested.
PASS CHRISTIAN YACHT CLUB
SAILING DIRECTOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Full-Time; Salary; Phone reimbursement; Benefits
- 3-4 years of prior coaching and sailing program management experience.
- Past participation in junior, high school, and/or collegiate sailing program
- US Sailing certification
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Ability to interact with all ages and levels of junior sailors
- Ability to work with parents and general membership
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Ability to make small repairs to motor and sailboats as needed with Members helping on major repairs
- Develop Optimist, 420, Sunfish, Laser and Flying Scot program
- Organize and oversee Summer Camp for Junior sailors ages 7-17
- Oversee 420, Laser, High School and Pass Christian Community Sailing Program
- Develop curriculum for programs
- On the water coaching to improve juniors capabilities
- Coordinate logistics and travel with Juniors to 3-4 out of town regattas each year
- Provide leadership to Junior sailors
- Drove new participation in Junior sailing activities through liaisons with other area clubs, the local sailing and area schools
- Organize appropriate staffing for various programs( sailing camp, adult learn to sail classes, Advanced level racing clinics and sailing camp)
- Summer Camp Management
Recruiting, Evaluations and Development, pay levels and scheduling
- Inventory and oversee the maintenance and manage all PCYC club motorboat, sailboats, and Race Committee equipment.
- Serve as Harbormaster for visiting yachts
- Coordinate Race Committee and Assistance for all PCYC hosted events
- Assist harbor committee with repairs and maintenance
- Email blasts and write a column in monthly newsletter
- Assistance with Fund Raising Events
Twentysix Vipers raced in the last weekend of GYA Club Sarasota Sailing Squadron’s Viper 640 Winter Series, with 30 competing overall. The Series is a three-part event raced during weekends in December, January, and February. SSS Regatta Chairman Travis Yates did an outstanding job with the Series, putting together a great Race Committee and, with the exception of a few “weather days”, some great sailing conditions. Speaking with Travis following the last day of racing he commented “It was great to have so many GYA clubs and individuals competing during the Series and I really appreciate off who came down to the southernmost GYA club to support the event. The Squadron is excited to be a part of the GYA and we look forward to participating in this new level of competition.” Travis and his hometown crew of Mike Meighan and Dave Hilmeyer finished 3rd in the Series.
The team of Zeke Horowitz (Annapolis, MD), sailing with Ian Coleman (Annapolis, MD) and Chris Klevan (Westerly, RI) won the final weekend of the Series and, with that win, captured the Series title as well.
The team of Kevin Northrop, Dave Bolyard, Ellis Ollinger and Miia Newman finished 5th in the Series and in the last weekend of racing, taking a 2nd in the final race behind the overall winning team. Great job!!
Finishing third for the final weekend was the all Sarasota team of Will Stocke, Nicky Manson, Lilly Meyers and Angelo Mahtela—the last two who are part of the Squadron’s junior sailing program.
Other Gulf Coast/GYA teams included Craig and Deborah Wilusz (FWYC), Kip Kileen (FWYC), Rives Allen/Alex Johnson (StABYC), Brian Harrison (FWYC), Ken Kleinschrodt (BucYC), Full report and results from the Series can be found at http://www.viper640.org/usa-news/zeke-horowitz-wins-2016-2017-sarasota-viper-640-winter-series/
Congratulations to Matthew Whitehead (StABYC) and team mates on qualifying to compete in the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup.