I can be in Sarasota to start my planning trip in the gulf, early on Wednesday, November 18th. I will then work my way west and will plan on being at Southern YC on Saturday then to Houston on Sunday. Here is what I am hoping for if you can email your membership.
“The yacht America will be coming to the gulf states in 2016 as she continues the first ever America’s Cup Tour which visited 34 yacht clubs on the west coast last summer. America wants to visit as many GYA member clubs as possible. Troy Sears, owner and captain of America, will be conducting an advanced planning, scheduling and logistics trip at each club interested in hosting the yacht America starting in Sarasota on the morning of Wednesday, November 18th. Troy will then drive westward and hopes to visit each club on his way to Houston where he expects to be on Sunday, November 22nd.
To schedule with Troy contact him at:
Some basic information:
• No financial cost to host yacht clubs
• Shore side Public Tours with 100 % of proceeds donated to the host clubs junior sailing program
• Junior Sailor Presentation and Tour at no cost
• America’s Cup presentation and conversation which can be combined with a dinner at the host club’s option
• And, of course, a sailing aboard America for those who want enjoy a great on-the-water experience. Those who wish to go sailing pay $75 per adult/$45 per child.
• America is 138’ LOA, 25’ beam, 105’ mast height and 10.5’ draft. If direct access to your club is not possible, then Troy’s is ok with your suggested location for your area.